Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Big Wave!


The youngest is willfull. This is a trait I hope to encourage and direct.

At times, she can be exceptionally trying. Today I was given a mixed blessing.

The girls had gone to take the train along the seashore. I was left to my own devices for several hours.

I reset the canopy, cleaned things up, drank 3 beers and a bottle of soju mixed with mirinda, reread the Great Gatsby since June is on it and wants to talk.

When the girls came back, they were insistent on swimming.

Sorry, the surf is high. You can't swim now.

But I realllllly waaaaant toooo!

No.

I want to put the shells back in the water. You said they had to.

So down to the water. They brought their tubes with them.

One look was enough for the eldest to recognize it wasn't a good idea to go in. That and watching daddy get nailed by massive waves.

The youngest stood on the beach and pouted. Fine, come on in.

Within minutes a massive wave came along and turned her upside down. I had a moment of panic when I lost her, but grabbed her within seconds.

The wheel on her inner tube was broken, and she sprained her finger. All I could do was laugh to see her covered in sand from head to toe.

June took them both to the shower. The eldest complained how cold it was.

I washed out the half kilo of sand from my pockets and found it rather refreshing.

While the whole thing freaked me out and reminded me to be firm, something tells me the youngest will be listening a bit more closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment