Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hamburger!

This morning I decided to hit the new Mikey D's before heading off to work.

They took a bit longer than expected and seemed truly flummoxed when I presented a coupon for a second egg mcmuffin, but I digress.

When I got to work carrying in the trash, two separate coworkers smiled when they saw me and asked if I had had a hamburger for breakfast.

Both of these guys are older Korean guys and I imagine they've only been to Micky D's a handful of times at best.

I smiled along with them.  Naw, waegs don't generally eat hamburgers for breakfast that's more of a lunch or dinner kind of thing.  This was an egg mcmuffin set.

This confused them more than saying I hadn't eaten a hamburger.

I wonder sometimes just how these kinds of guys, highly educated well traveled folks, can still believe the things they do about waegs.

Or maybe they were just taking the piss. Sure, that's a better spin.

Better not let them know that two waeg coworkers were burger flippers back in their day.  There would be no end to the burger jokes.

5 comments:

The Todd said...

Roughly 12% of Americans have worked at McDonald's alone, so if you include the rest of the burger/taco/sub chains you are probably getting somewhere near 40%. I worked at McD's while I was in highschool and probably learned more useful life skills there than I did in school. It prepared me for eating shit sandwiches from management and dealing with the public, who were often drunk/stoned/plain retarded. I also learned that minimum wage was BS so I evened things a little by stealing bags of McNuggets, pales of muffin mix, and even bags of caramel sauce. If I was hungry, I'd make a cheesburger, stick in in my pants, and go eat it in the shitter. I shit you not.

Beyond all this, McD's allowed me to come into contact with tons of hot babes from other highschools who didn't know I wasn't one of the cool kids at my own school. So, I got to bang some of them. Accordingly, I had my first introduction to drugs while working the night shift with guys who had never graduated high school. My spectrum of friends even began to include black people and Mexicans.

So I suggest you refrain from dissing McDonalds, and even encourage you to get your kids jobs there. Enjoy your cholesterol!

Lee said...

Foreign peoples smelling like the butter because of eating diet of meat and cheese and bread.

Anonymous said...

I don't get it. Why is smiling about eating hamburger a bad thing?

F5Waeg said...

It's a common stereotype: foreigners only eat pizza and hamburgers, and all the waegs working in Korea came because the only job they could get back home was either at walmart or flipping burgers.

Anonymous said...

I wish Koreans thought waegs only ate doner kebabs and drank steins of beer, that wouldn't bother me a bit.

Post a Comment