Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Watership Down!

A week ago I started to show the girls Watership Down on Youtube.  June put an end to it after about 30 minutes, but I promised them I would track down a copy and they could watch the whole thing.

I found one on Demonoid.  It took a few days to come in, but this gave me a great excuse to not let them watch any movies or TV for that time.

I earned much consternation from June when I let them watch it.

I watched it when I was a kid, what's the big deal?

But they are girls!  They shouldn't watch that.

Erm, the author originally wrote it from the stories he told his girls.  It's considered more of a story for girls.

The girls were justly freaked out, but talked excitedly about the bravery and cleverness of the main rabbits despite it being sad and scary.

The youngest asked me if next time they could watch number two.

Sorry honey, this one was a one shot deal.  But there are some more books to read if you're really interested.

I think I know what to ask my folks to send in the next parcel from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment