Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Tentative!

same same
Tonight I was appalled at the homework assignment the eldest brought in.

I had to chastise her for leaving it to the last minute.  Doing last minute well takes years of either fucking up and being given too many second or third chances, and learning just when you can get away with something half baked.

Her teacher wanted a monthly and daily plan of what she would be doing during her summer vacation.  Creepiness aside, how can a second grader tell you that?

I was forced to teach her the subtleties of the words 'tentative', 'probable' and 'maybe'.

I offered several suggestions as to what we would most likely be doing to alleviate her stress.

She asked if we would really do all the things I mentioned.  Sure, mostly.  This is a tentative plan, and this is what we will hopefully be doing.  She laughed with a little too much wisdom.  Ya, you know.

Here's how you lie darling.

Something tells me this will come back and bite me in the ass later.

All I want to do is go down to the school and ask the idiot teacher wtf he hopes to achieve with this 'lesson'.

No wonder so many Koreans want to send their kids abroad.  When the eldest went to school home, she called me with always a lot to tell about what she had learned.  It was always substantial and had nothing to do with learning how to bullshit your superiors or the school board or filling time with useless busy work. 

Here it seems mostly write some boring bullshit and learn to fill in crap forms while stroking your superior's dick.

Time for another Max.

No comments:

Post a Comment