Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Rhinestone Cowgirl!

Tomorrow I have to give the presentation on the trip to England.  I've also had a ton of crap to finish this week.

I scooted over to the little convenience store not too far from work to grab some Bacchus-D.  The closest place that sells magic green potion is a bit far so I decided to settle for some old school.

When I got to the store the old grandmother that ran the place was sitting out front getting wasted with one of her friends I'll call the Rhinestone Cowgirl.  Her floral print shirt literally sparkled in the setting sun.

Rhinestone Cowgirl insisted I sit down and drink some rice wine with them.  I apologized: way too much work to finish for tomorrow, but thanks.

This old cowgirl was having nothing of that: she polished off her bowl and commanded I sit and drink with them.

From experience it's best to not argue in this kind of situation.  So I sat.

The conversation was thick in Gangwon satori, but I could follow being a bit of an expert in the subject.  Discussion was lively and sardonic in a self effacing way.  She bitched about idiot city people laughing at her, making jokes about growing cabbage or dates.  It doesn't make much sense in English, but it was rather poignant in Korean.

I laughed and commiserated as needed.

The old grandmother who ran the place gave me a bottle of rice wine to send me on my way.  When I got back to the office I burned through 12 pages of power point in no time.  I shouldn't interrupt the flow with a post to my stoopid blog, but something tells me I don't want to forget the Rhinestone Cowgirl.

Back to it.

2 comments:

Dissertation Writing said...

Interesting! It’s great; I love this article very much including me and my friends very much because i got my desired information in your posting. Keep it up and continue your work

Rhaine Bryt said...

Rhinestones really catches the eyes of everyone. That's the reason why I fond using them on my apparel.

Rhaine Bryt

Post a Comment