Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Porterhouse!

Yesterday we threw caution to the wind and went to the Wonju VIPS.

We got there early, as the place usually gets really crowded.  We didn't have to wait for a seat, but when we left people filled the foyer and had started to line up outside.

I got all primitive and ordered a porterhouse steak.  That bad boy cost 8 manners.  The waiter started to give me a hard time when I started on the strip, informing me I was supposed to eat the filet first.  What he didn't get was that I was saving that for June, who was still tucking into a full salad bar plate.

I love eating beef even though it may end up killing me.  When you eat a nice thick steak and the juices start sliding down your throat you get what I like to call meat madness.  I get aggressive and cave man like.  I feel like howling at the moon, committing random acts of vandalism, dancing around a big pit fire, dragging hapless women back to my cave.

It's awesome.

I don't eat that much beef.  Generally at home it's fish, chicken and occasionally pork with loads of veggies.  And of course bean paste soup and kimchi.

I've got a completely unscientific theory that eating too many estrogen rich food leads to emasculation, but that is another story for another time. 

Last night was full on meat insanity.  The world became red as I gnawed that steak down to the bones.  My fingers and face were smeared with gristle and fat.  I was completely unabashed in fulfilling my primal need to feast on animal flesh.

After taking the fam home and putting the kids to bed, my buddy the Fisherman called.  I walked out into the rain to meet him, a story for another time.  I got home around four to find June awake and reading, waiting for me.  Are you ok?  she asked.

Let me show you how ok I am.  That went on for near an hour.

This morning I still feel the blood coursing through my veins.  I'm going out for a nice long walk.  Maybe I can find some cars to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment