Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mountain Strawberry Soju!

The Mother-in-Law just called.  This was odd in itself since she rarely if ever phones me.

She wanted to let me know that she had gotten her hands on a pile of mountain strawberries, and had put a bunch of them into soju for me.

All I need to do now is wait a year for those bad boys to add some flavor to the soju mix.

Apparently, the mountain strawberries this year aren't so good due to excessive rain.  They aren't that sweet, so she was prompted to mix them into some soju.

You're supposed to strain the stuff 2 or 3 times through some cheese cloth before you seal it.  It's best to make three containers about a third full at a go, then mix them all together with sugar once you've done the straining to clear out all the hairs and bugs.  Each container should contain 300 grams of mountain strawberries per 100 ml of soju.

The whole thing is somewhat odd.  She'd prefer that I not drink that much, but here she is making me soju cocktail.  For her to call and mention this makes it really odd.  I guess she wants to ensure that I maintain 'stamina',  a supposed byproduct of drinking mountain strawberry wine.  Word around the water cooler is that it's called 'urinal breaker', since it induces such a powerful stream of urine that you crack the porcelain.

Guess it must be her way of saying thanks for changing the batteries in the TV remote.

1 comment:

buy and sell philippines said...

Soju is the one of my favorite drinks it has lot of benefit when you drink of it.

Post a Comment