Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, July 3, 2011

Mathilda!

Yesterday at the stream talk among the adults focused on just how much the eldest looks like Mathilda from the film Leon.

It is true, especially since she got her bob haircut.

The eldest seemed somewhat put out.  I showed her a picture of Mathilda, which placated her somewhat as 'she's pretty'.

When I told her that she was also Luke and Leia's mom from Star Wars, she was most pleased.

The youngest asked: "Who do I look like??"

That was a tougher one.  I told her she looks a little like Dakota Fanning.  She's weird looking, the youngest stated after looking at her picture.   No, she's actually pretty cute.  See her now?  But don't worry, you've still got a lot of time to change. 

They ran off and played, arguing over who was the prettiest or the coolest.  The eldest ran around shooting a stick gun.

I tried telling them they ultimately can be anything they want, but this morning they wanted to now more about the actors they resemble.   I begged off, trying to get ready for work, and said we'd talk more later.  I've got a few hours to think about how to spin this.  I know I'm going to bring in how competent and able they are, except most of Dakota Fanning's roles suck. 

2 comments:

Dustin Cole said...

Hey. I think that movie is called The Professional

F5Waeg said...

Yeah it goes by both names, although most Koreans call it Leon

Post a Comment