Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

What Have You Done to my Smokes?!

On the way to work this morning I chose to hit up the GS25 near my place to grab some smokes.

I've been avoiding the 7-11 as the new guys they've hired seem unable to not have a freak out whenever I go in, going on about being unable to speak English well and seeing foreigners in general.

Our basic interaction always occurs in Korean.  I wonder why is it that many Koreans suddenly can't understand Korean when it is spoken by a waeg, but I digress.

In my half awake state, I was tempted into buying a new type of Dunhill: it promised the nicotine and tar I've come to enjoy, along with a nebulous promise to 'switch' when you press a section of the filter.

Change being predominant in my thoughts these days, what with me thinking too much about what was going through a boss' head on my recent trip to England and being accused of not wanting to work hard by my Significant Other (SO), I foolishly paid 3 chonners for a novelty item.

What can I say?  I've always liked the Dunhills, they serve me well.

As you can see by the photo, the folks at British American tobacco thought it would be a great idea to insert a small round pellet into the filter.  When pressed, it instantly turns a normal cigarette into menthol from hell.  Ostensibly, you can choose to finish off your smoke by giving your mouth that wonderful menthol flavor that your SO will just love to wrap his / her lips around.  They come in a wrapper that provides an air tight seal.

It might be amusing to collect all these little pellets and drop them into someone's drink one night, except they might kill someone and don't really dissolve well in alcohol.

Drag.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Asia knows how to making smoking fun and way too affordable. In America this gimmicky stuff wouldn't be allowed. Kids would be all over it and the packaging is way cool.

Post a Comment