Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, June 27, 2011

Taking Stock!

This week I must be highly productive. 

If I were to be truthful, I'd say that I haven't been that productive since coming back from England.  The Gong Show that that trip ended up being, combined with Mr. Jeon's belief that I would use him as a drug mule, topped off with some general malaise and stoopid family horseshit has brought me to a point where I say "I don't give a fuck".

This is not a good place to be.  Projects and reports have been piling up while I do the bare minimum.  I spend too much time reading books and updating my resume.  I've watched quite a few movies.  Maybe I need some time to myself.

I have done some stuff, like organize the staff camping trip, finished off some reports, prepared for all my meetings.  But nowhere near the level of productivity I usually operate at.

I don't find much joy in anything I do. 

I need to change something, and I have some concrete ideas as to what, but I even lack the drive to want to make those necessary changes. 

Every now and then since living in Korea I've hit this wall.  I don't think it's exclusive to living as an expat, as I'm sure many have and will find themselves in the same position.  Every now and then you just find yourself stuck, spinning your wheels, lacking impetus to move.  I do think it is exasperated by living in a place where you find yourself pretty disconnected to begin with; while I am pretty lucky to have the friends and social network that I do, you can never fully escape knowing that you are an outsider, and there will always be a large segment of the population that will barely tolerate you at best. 

Meanwhile, the show must go on.  New products await, reports need to be written, the interns need stuff to do. 

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment