Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Seaweed!

One thing that has surprised me during my years in Korea is just how infrequently seaweed is eaten back home.

I love that shit.  It's pretty tasty in the thin roasted variety, wrapped around some rice with a small piece of kimchi in the middle.  It's extremely nutritious and abundant.

Whenever I visit the ocean back home, I'm always amazed at just how much seaweed is lying all over the place.  If Korea, all that delicious money would have been ripped clean off every single rock 3 miles out by roving gangs of halmonis in flower print shirts and plastic bathroom sandals. 

I have half a mind to bring some of those halmonis home to pick all that shit up and open my own seaweed processing plant.

Not only could I market 100% foreign seaweed as a luxury item in Korea and Japan, but I could use it to make cosmetics, medicines, and fertilizers.

So: investors!  Line up the money!  I've got the halmoni power, the locations, and the know how to make seaweed a viable business outside of Korea!

Time for coffee.

2 comments:

The Todd said...

I feel sorry for your toilet.

F5Waeg said...

glad to see you back. . .

Post a Comment