Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Hairy!

Today the fam and I went and hung out by a clear mountain stream with a waeg buddy of mine and his brood.

We talked about this and that, collected pictures of magnolias and other plants, drank some beers.

To end off the day, we went to 'My Home Vietnam Restaurant'.  It's a place run by a Vietnamese woman and her older Korean husband that I talked about here.

It used to be in Hwangdun-ri, but they moved to snazzier and bigger digs in the Wonj.

You can find them across the street from the Pango Nonghyup supermarket.   The meal was delicious.  I probably shouldn't draw attention to this, or this, but wtf.

Having spent the day in the mountain, time came to help the eldest with her homework.  We got home to find that my father-in-law had come to visit.  He was here yesterday and stayed at the sauna last night.  Still, he didn't get too much in the way of me helping the eldest with her homework.

June asked him why he wasn't at his place and why he was here.  She was cold and frosty.

I have more than a few stories to tell about him soon enough.  I've been studiously avoiding them here.  I have a feeling he'll probably give me reason to tell a few very soon.

I also ignored a call from Dirty Bird while by the stream.

Things could be about to get hairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment