Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Cat Care!

Tonight I trimmed Nabi's claws.  She loves to play.  Like many cats, her idea of play is to claw the shit out of your hand, foot, face.

The Mother-in-Law loves her.  They hang out all day.  When I get home the Mother-in-Law tells me everything, including what Nabi played with, how much she ate, the size, quantity and frequency of what she left in the litter box.

The Mother-in-Law calls Nabi 'little shit offspring', gives her a playful whack, then strokes her while laughing.

I've had to break up a couple of fights between the girls over who gets to hold her for how long.  I have to watch the youngest as she has tried to see if Nabi can float in the bathtub and climb down off the highest bookshelf.  Reminding the youngest that Nabi is indeed a live creature that should be treated gently as she's still so young has finally begun to take root, as the youngest no longer tries to feed her glitter glue.

I like that cat, although my initial assessment is that she ain't the smartest knife in the drawer.  The only one who is still ambivalent is June, whom Nabi seems to enjoy jumping on in the middle of the night.

Time for some Max.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't Koreans eat cats as well? Better be careful. The neighbors might get hungry.

F5Waeg said...

naw, Koreans don't eat cats, although I have seen them used in certain traditional medicines

Post a Comment