Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, June 13, 2011

Afternoon Beers and Darts!

Sunday afternoon I met up with an E1 buddy for what started off as brunch.
We hit the Big Rock Brewery in Gangnam.  The brunch there is pretty good.

We ended up staying until a little after 6, playing darts, drinking beers, shooting the shit. At first we were fairly evenly matched on darts taking two games each, then I proceeded to thoroughly kick his ass.

June and the girls only called twice in that whole time.  Not bad.
It was a pretty nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.  I didn't feel bad that I wasn't with the fam.  Sometimes you need man-time.

My buddy talked a bit about needing to publish several articles as a condition of his latest contract.  He needs to put out three in the next couple years.

We talked about Ha-Joong Chang's newest book, along with emerging economies and China acting like a bully.  Then we commiserated over a buddy of ours who found out his girl of 6 years had cheated and stole from him.

On the way home, I had some more train beers.  Train beers are great.  It was near nine by the time I got home.  I went immediately to bed after chatting with the eldest and feeding the cat.  June insists we keep the door closed at night to keep the cat out, and wakes up with a start whenever the door is opened.  Nabi has jumped on her a few too many times.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment