Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, May 9, 2011

Sandwich Day!

Tomorrow is Buddha's birthday and a holiday here in the ROK. 

For many, today is also an off day, or a sandwich day between the weekend and an official holiday.  A nice long weekend for most.  June and the girls are enjoying their day at home.

Not this waeg.  I came in this morning, made a list, organized the expense account from the trip, thought about writing the initial report on the trip, gave briefings to various and sundry.

Instead of grinding hard, after finishing the expense account shit and short briefings, I updated my facebook and read some news and blogs.  It was nice to catch up on all that.

I'm still out of whack, with only two hours sleep last night.  Didn't help that just as I was about to slip into REM, the youngest woke up and lost it because the bandage covering the stitches on her finger had come off.

It did look pretty nasty.  I calmed her down, rooted out some fresh gauze, and taped up a new one for her.  She was greatly soothed and immediately went back to sleep.

I stared at the ceiling and watched a cockroach climb the wall.  When I got tired of listening to its scuttling, I smashed it good with a magazine.

I fucking hate cockroaches. 

Something tells me I won't get much done this afternoon, so I think it best to sneak off someplace quiet to clear my head.  Hopefully the rain will keep away in the early afternoon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleeping pills brother.

Post a Comment