Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

London!

Monday I have to make a presentation on our business trip to London.

I've got a ton of notes to bring together, but sadly I won't be able to talk about how I couldn't sleep and walked about 10 kms every night.

It was my first time to London.  I found some rather interesting places.  I will say that the night life in London seems as seedy as Seoul yet more vibrant, but ends generally much earlier.  Unless you've got cash, which of course I do not.

Soho is not for the innocent or easily duped.  Large chunks of it are seething beds of corruption and filth.  I had a couple of good nights there.

Paddington is pretty laid back; I also found Kensington / Hammersmith fun.

Sadly, I won't be able to mention much of what happened those nights in my report.  I also pissed off Mr. Jeon; he tried to tag along one night when I went to Soho and I bluntly told him I needed to be alone.  There was no way I was walking that area with someone that green.  I like him and all, but it would have been too weird.

So: all business.  Get on with it waeg.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment