Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, May 30, 2011

BBQ!

Today at lunch I had a BBQ with several coworkers and interns.

I stupidly left my torch at home, but luckily my boy scout training kicked in and I had that bad boy burning high in no time.

One of the guys complimented me on my cooking skills.  I was asked if I had ever cooked professionally.

I admitted that back in high school, I worked part time weekends as a line cook before moving into serving tables.  Waiting tables is much cleaner and you get tipped.  But the skills I learned in the back served me well.

One thing I realized young is that a great way to impress a nice gal is to cook her a great meal.  Not only can you bring home the bacon, but you can dress it as well.  You wear some nice clothes, make your place spotless, a couple of bottles of wine, an excellent meal, throw in some great conversation sprinkled with humor and wit, and you've got the start to a very nice evening.

He seemed bemused: so you like to serve women??  You like to serve women ??! Hoot!

I'm assuming he was making an off color comment as opposed to a sexist one, so I nudged and winked: oh yes indeed, I like to service women.

He walked away.  I'm not sure he got it.  A woman who had lived in the UK for several years visibly blanched.  Sorry bout that.

Now its time to go to the sexual harassment seminar.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment