Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Waeg Hunting!

Saturday night I got pretty hosed on Jameson's.

After drinking my way through 2/3 of a bottle, I went out roamin' downtown Wonju.

I was waeg hunting.

I had heard much about this elusive creature called the waeg, also known by the moniker of migook.

The downtown area doesn't have much going for it in terms of night life except low end room salons and cheap whores. All the areas around train stations in Korea are usually a good place to start.

The best place to find the corrupt and dirty waeg, according to the newspapers and TV shows I watch.

From last Christmas: Santa's little helpers

So I approached some of the girls.  Not that I would ever actually partake of their charms;  I felt compelled to chat, ask prices, ask where all the waegs were. I discovered most of the girls won't even talk to a waeg, and will actually tell waegs to piss off, they don't want AIDS.

So I wouldn't find many waegs round these parts.  The girls will not accept waeg business unless the waeg is willing to pay 4 times what a Korean would, the girl is butt ugly, and the girl needs to desperately pay off that credit card bill.  

I praised them for their virtue and continued on my hunt.





What school do you go to?
 After wandering around a bit, I found myself walking Rodeo Drive.  This is supposed to be a cool spot, similar to Texas Street in Busan.  The perfect place to find the carousing, hell raising waeg.

It was pretty dead.  Usually after midterms or finals you'll see a lot of college kids show up though, so my timing wasn't the best.  The waeg himself is a hunter, and with slim pickings on the ground, he wouldn't waste his time down here.

Most of the waegs I have met prefer to check out other areas.  When I first started hunting the waeg in the Wonj, the downtown was far more vibrant, and you could count on bagging a good 30-40 waegs.

You had some great stories for around the water cooler on Monday, let me tell you!

Now folks seem more compartmentalized, hanging out in areas that are pretty far apart.

Seeing a large congregation of waegs in one place is rare.

Last night I did not see a single waeg.

Next time I'll try the area around Lotte Cinema.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wife know about this hobby? Didn't imbibe just like Clinton didn't inhale ! Zing!

F5Waeg said...

http://f5waeg.blogspot.com/2010/11/good-woman.html

Post a Comment