Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sulphur!

Tonight I stopped at a different convenience store on my way home.  I needed to pick up smokes and some rice wine.

I've been trying to drink a bottle of the stuff near every day.   A report commissioned by the state run rice wine producers of Korea informed me that rice wine contains more cancer fighting farnesol than any other wine ever made anytime anywhere.

Hey, the science looks good to me.  And I'm sure this report has nothing to do with it.

The store I stopped at didn't have my usual brand, Chiak San, so I tried a new, untested variety.

Big Mistake!

I've never come across rice wine that stank like those two bottles.  The date was good, and I can't say for sure if it's supposed to smell like that, but there was no way I was about to drink it.  I poured them down the sink. I didn't want this kind of thing to happen to me.

The smell still lingers in my apartment.

I immediately marched down to my local supa and bought a bottle of my regular.  The clerk had no idea what I was going on about when I asked about stinky rice wine, as he's more of a soju guy.

This batch smells ok, and the date is good.

Time to watch Limitless.

No comments:

Post a Comment