Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spicy Fish Soup!

My Mother-in-Law just called.  She insisted I come home right after work today since she made a really delicious spicy fish soup.

She used red snapper.  I love red snapper, particularly raw.  I also like spicy fish soup.  But I exclaimed she shouldn't have spent that much money.

She said she traded some of her kimchi for it from some other grandmother in the market and not to fret.

She wanted to thank me for fixing the TV and showing her how to work the new remote.  Now she can easily watch any of her dramas whenever she wants.

I do wonder what she does during the day.  I know she often hangs out in the sauna with some of her halmoni buddies and wanders around downtown. 

Back to work.

Update: the soup was delicious, but red snapper is not the best fish to make into a soup.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No offense, but I completely went off fish in Korea. Cooking fish without taking out the guts is just vile.

Post a Comment