Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Sedentary!

Coming to Korea, getting married and having kids has rendered me more sedentary than I've ever willingly been.

That's why I've gotten used to the kimchi.  It's hard to make comparisons when you don't get out much.

In many ways I am a lucky bastard.

I'm married to a woman that I still find hot eight years in.  My kids are awesome.  I'm doing work I mostly enjoy.

But I've always had the happy feet.  I like moving about.  I like seeing.  I like getting out there. 

There is only so much to see in a single place.  I'm not really in a position where I can just pick up and go.  I'm not really able to be free.

Detractors will say: then you shouldn't have gotten married.  You shouldn't have settled.  You should have kept walking when you had the chance.

Right now I'm glad I didn't.  I've become richer by being a father and a husband, and truly understanding what it means to be other.

But I will walk again.  I give it 10 years max.  Hopefully I won't develop too many health problems related to sitting on ass, and I'll be fit enough to carry a pack as I did in the day.  I may have to leave sooner if I know that's what it'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment