Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Outback!

A popular Western style food chain in Korea is Outback.

Tonight the whole fam went to have dinner at our local franchise.  As June is the card queen, she had a card that gave a 50% discount for today only.

How fortunate that I left work early!

Sadly, as is always the case when we visit our local Outback, we left disappointed.  Outback is expensive, they cook their steaks when they are frozen when the times are obviously intended for thawed meat, and it generally isn't that tasty.

If you haven't eaten Western food in a while, you can convince yourself that it is delicious.  And when there aren't many other options, you may find yourself going to Outback again and again.

Which is exactly the case with this waeg.  Having dinner with the fam was nice, but once again we reminded ourselves of why we dislike Outback, and laughed about how in six months we'd be having the same conversation.

As an aside, tonight there were a lot of young dating couples. I guess they were taking advantage of the discount as well.

6 comments:

FUCKYOU said...

Whatever. I'll take this over kimchee anyday. You just don't know what to order. I dare you to say Alice Springs Chicken and Yam fries aren't fucking awesome. Go eat some kimbap if you're turning so native.!

F5Waeg said...

Sorry to hear that you doubt my ability to order off the limited menu at Outback. I was referring specifically to the franchise in the Wonj, and I can't speak to the quality offered at other stores, but the last time I ordered the chicken in the Wonj it was too dry.

And while flattered that you would like to fuck me, I'll pass thanks. You have to ask nicer than that.

Roarchild said...

I'm really dissapointed to here this.

American's trading of our culture and then ****ing it up by giving out dry chicken.

It's just not right.

F5Waeg said...

It isn't, especially when they want what, 1.6 manners, for said chicken.

Anonymous said...

FUCK OFF. OUTBACK IS SICK. My girlfriend works there.

Tim said...

If another teacher asks me if i eat 'outback' food back home in Australia, i'm going to scream. It's an American franchise for god's sake. Even for Korea, the food is overpriced.

Post a Comment