Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Morning After the Morning After!

This weekend some friends came into the Wonj for a visit.

Saturday we had a nice dinner and some great conversation.

I wasn't the best host.  I got totally hosed on rye and Jameson's.

When we went out after a hard session back at my place, I pretty much fell asleep on the table shortly after arriving at Shiva, the hookah bar.

Lame.

But it was still a good time.  Sunday was lazy, watching movies and Tosh.0 most of the day.

I bought the girls some bubble guns.  They went through two whole containers of bubble stuff in about 45 minutes.

When my bud left, I took the girls to the playground so they could bike around a bit.  I gave the stinkeye to some college guy who kept trying to touch my daughter.  He asked in rather rude Korean if she were mixed.  I said yes, asked him why he felt compelled to touch her, and why he was speaking to me in informal Korean.

He had a weird smile on his lips.  We left.

At home the girls and I played crazy eights.  Oddly, we each won two games.

They hoped in the bath while I started to watch the show 'Underbelly'.  It wasn't anything special, so I think I'll delete it.

I had a great time.  This morning I feel completely empty and clear.

Time for coffee.

4 comments:

Roarchild said...

Underbelly...the Aussie drama?

Surprised you had heard of it.

I loved it but I knew all the background and even one of the real life indiviuals involved. On it's own merits I don't think it has universal appeal.

F5Waeg said...

that's the one. Watched 4 episodes. The events it is based on are interesting. The show itself was ok. Maybe I'll watch more later.

Anonymous said...

Underbelly is pretty average. The first series is the pick of the crop and worth watching if only for Roberta Williams/Mr. T (aka Victor Brincat) scene.

Anonymous said...

Look for "Blue Murder."

A much nastier, well scripted mini-series based on Sydney crime and corruption in the early 1980s.

A short from the show: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jz8ukkpRfw&playnext=1&list=PL4D86C0663869B92F

Post a Comment