Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Late!

This morning I was a bit late leaving the house.

June insisted I give her a vigorous seeing to.

Bless her soul.

After, I marveled at the amount of feces I can excrete from my body.

That done, I sat at our new kitchen table to enjoy my first coffee. I love that table.

June brought up the topic of money.

She knows I work so hard, and she is very thankful.  She is also very grateful that I am being so understanding about her needing to quit her job.

But money is tight.

I had told her about the night classes I had been offered a couple of weeks ago.

She hinted at them.  I sat speechless.

She didn't say anything more.  I playfully slapped her bottom as she walked into the kitchen.

For the record, I don't think she planned that conversation to happen when it did.  When you're married with kids and both working, you make time when you can for all that stuff.

It was bad timing.  I blew it off.  When I got to work I had an illuminating conversation with Mr. Sung about the intricacies of the new company intranet, and the value and usefulness of the new approval processes for various types of projects.

We both think they suck.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment