Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Hyundai!

One thing that is comforting about living in South Korea is how I am assured of top quality goods and services at any store I go since many of them are named Hyundai.

Not far from my place is a Hyundai real estate agent, Hyundai tool store, Hyundai flower shop, Hyundai maternity clinic, Hyundai park, and a Hyundai car dealership.

Although I have to admit the Hyundai tofu restaurant does look a little dodgy, I can't speak to their quality as I have yet the opportunity to try them.

I have lived in a Hyundai apartment and swum at Hyundai beach, but I should come clean that some of my household appliances and electronics are made by Samsung or LG, bought when the sale price was too good to pass up.

Shame!

My wife assures me that not all these businesses are owned by Hyundai, that taking the name is a common practice, but I refuse to believe that a large and honorable corporation like Hyundai would allow such intellectual infringement and chicanery. 

When I die, let me be cremated at a Hyundai facility, and my life will have been well led.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

been there all those years and I bet you don't even know what hyundai means

F5Waeg said...

wait, it comes after satire in the dictionary, right?

Post a Comment