Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Bad Father!

Not as bad as this
This morning I realized that my business trip will coincide not only with the eldest's Sports Day at her school, but that I won't be back until after Children's Day.

The eldest has been asking me for over a week now whether or not I'll be able to come for Sports Day.  Parents are expected to come and participate in what amounts to a family event.

My flight also happens to leave on the same day.  I told her I'd try to make it, but right now it's looking pretty grim.

On top of that, I won't be back until after Children's Day.  This day is an important one after which the kids get together and compare notes on what they did, what their parents got them, what cool place they visited.

I better bring something nice home to make up for missing both of those, as I imagine the eldest in particular will be feeling pretty down on her dad.

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment