Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Afternoon Stroll!

Today, many of the people who work at the company piled onto a couple of buses and drove out to a mountain forest preserve.

I intended to go, but a last minute call was scheduled for this afternoon.  I also have a huge presentation tomorrow that could use some more tweaking.

I was disappointed.  Participating in club activities is usually a lot of fun.  Yes, it is.

Last spring, we also went to a forest reserve.  We all piled into buses and drove to a provincial park.

When we got here, there were various group activities.  Some decided to go off and wander around, or just hang out by a nice clear mountain stream.

The dinner was at a restaurant with a large outdoor area situated beside a lake.  We all grilled meat, ate year old kimchi stew (yum!), sang badly into a karaoke machine.

Work is eerily empty right now.  I consoled myself by going for a nice walk up in the hills behind work right after lunch.  I felt pretty good when I got back.

The call actually did provide valuable information and made me recognize a blind spot in my presentation, so that worked out.

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment