Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, April 15, 2011

1000%!

So June wanted to watch some dramas.

I'm not a fan of TV in general, and I find most Korean dramas 1000% lame.

Why don't I like them?  Most of the actors are too plastic and one dimensional while the plots are too hokey and insipid. 

Pretty much 1000% of the same reasons I don't watch most TV in the first place.

In the Korean versions, I find men shout at women 1000% too frequently, people get cancer 1000% too often, and the social roles depicted are 1000% archaic and offensive.

So while June was 1000% engaged in following her favorite soaps, I went to the bathroom and didn't replant myself in front of the tube.

The girls were working on some spatial puzzles on the internet, so I didn't feel bad about not being 1000% with them.

Instead, I wrote a couple of emails, thought about my trip, and tooled around on Facebook. I drafted a list for the interns to finish before next week.

I've had four cans of beer and a bottle of soju.

I'm up way past my bedtime.  Who cares?  Tomorrow I get to teach the girls and round up productive, educational things for them to do.  After I'm 1000% awake of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment