Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Wage Slave!

Today I had a bit of a spaz out.

My excuse is that work has been ridiculously hectic of late.  I'm way off my 18-24 posts a week I did when I first started and haven't had as much time to spend with the girls.

I come home usually pretty cooked and almost everyday is full on all day.

That'll teach me for being competent and getting picked to handle more of the bigger projects!

Anyway, one of my waeg coworkers is consistently late for everything.  I've tried the gentle approach a couple of times with him: joking, teasing, mentioning how being consistently on time is a personal psychological dysfunction on my part because of my years as an hourly wage slave. . . no dice.

Today I was an asshole.  Without thinking, I barked that he needs to mind the time.

It wasn't delivered in the most delicate of manners.

I immediately felt pretty shitty about it.  I wouldn't be surprised if he stays pissed at me for quite some time.

But, fuck.  Sitting around waiting does drive me batshit.  Once or twice, whatever.  When it's a regular thing, I pretty much see it as a character flaw.

Guess I am still a wage slave after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment