Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Night Out!

Just as I was finishing The Battle of Los Angeles last night, I got a call from two of the Jungs. 

They were out and wanted to know if I could come join them. 

I don't often go out during the week, and I hadn't seen them in a while, so sure, why not.

They were quite drunk by the time I got there, and the mood was dark and somber.  I was kind of surprised and quickly realized they were having a serious Korea bashing night.  They ranted about idiots misbehaving abroad, the awfulness of Korean TV, how boring eating the same food everyday can be, how dirty the streets are . . .I was beginning to get paranoid, thinking they had spent the night combing through my blog and those on my blog roll.  I sat impassively and merely listened.  I've gotten my rant on with them before, so I thought I'd just let them get it all out. 

They kept coming back to how Koreans are their own worst enemies.  We should help one another, but there are too many bastards seemed the chorus.

I was finally able to get it out of them that one of the Jungs had invested a pile into an institute in Canada, and her Korean business 'partner' had disappeared with all the cash.

At this point I joined in and talked about assholes being weaned too early from their mothers, how kids should be punished when they misbehave etc.  She started to cheer up and actually laughed a few good belly shakers. 

Just doing my bit for my friends.

Still, I didn't get home until after midnight, and really didn't want to get up this morning.  Luckily, I was still able to be productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment