Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Letter From an Avid Reader!

This morning I found the following email waiting for me.  They were referring to my post the  grass is always greener:


"Why is it always you former English teachers who are usually the ones giving "the look"?  You think you are so much better than everyone else now that you've gotten out of that gig, but really you are the sad ones judging other people by the work that they do.  My mother taught me batter than that, too bad youre's didn't."

xxxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com:

Sorry you feel that I was judging people in that post; I do find that type of behavior reprehensible myself.  However, what I actually said is that people will judge you based on the job you do, not that I do so myself.  It would be rather hypocritical of me to look down on people doing work that I myself did for years don't you think?  If you read again, you'll see that I was essentially talking about no longer having to deal with such small minded snobs.

xxxxxxxxx, you should know this is a fact of life that you cannot escape: there are superficial ninnies out there who only look at your bank balance, the neighborhood you live in, your choice of spouse, the car you drive and the work you do as the sum total of everything you are.  I know I know, this really sucks!  Everyone is a precious snowflake who should be respected and loved for their uniqueness and individual worth, dammit!

xxxxxxxxx, take comfort in knowing that you are better than those who judge others by the job they do, because you yourself are above judging others based on such superficial qualities, such as misunderstood ramblings you read on a blog.

I hope this clears things up for you.  I wouldn't want there to be any bad feelings between you and I.

Cheers,

F5Waeg

No comments:

Post a Comment