Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, March 21, 2011

Kites!

Tonight the girls and I put together a couple of Korean fighting kites.

Apparently, some kids at the eldest's school have been flying them, and we just happened to have a couple of kits left over from the paper festival last year.

They are fairly easy to put together.  What isn't so easy is finding a good place to fly them.  The fact that I didn't want to run out immediately and fly them NOW caused much consternation.

I promised this weekend we'd go out and fly them if it was windy enough and the yellow dust wasn't so bad.

I'll have to dig out the huge nylon things I bought at Costco a few years back.  We have a turtle and a dragon somewhere.

Apparently the yearly Busan kite festival is worth checking out.  Maybe we'll check it out this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment