Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Job Offers!

Last night during my conversation with old friends I was offered a couple of gigs.

They needed someone to come into their work place three to four hours a day to run a couple of English classes and do some copy editing.  The salary was actually better than reasonable.

One of the women also said she wanted to find a teacher for a group of four kids, and would I be able to come to her place at night a couple of times a week?  She said she could also find several other groups if I needed them.

Back in the day when I ran my own business I would have jumped on it.   While tempted to take the night classes, the fact is I have zero time.  I thought about farming the gigs out, but the day time one would need an F-Visa to do it.  I could find a teacher for the evening one, but I'd rather not deal with the hassle of working out schedules, calls etc for what will amount to maybe 20 manners a month in my pocket. 

The last few months I've received quite a few calls asking me if I could teach.  I've turned them all down.  When I leave work, I'd rather go home and hang out with my own kids then be off somewhere tutoring.  Mind, it is better to not keep all your eggs in one basket.

Tempting, tempting.

Time to go shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment