Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Goth Girl!

This morning I was very disappointed to see that the goth girl who worked at the 7-11 near my place has quit her job.

Subcultures are rare in Korea.  It was interesting to see this decked out girl in the Wonj of all places.  Admittedly she isn't a full on goth as you'd see back home, but she does have spiked hair, thick black eye makeup, multiple piercings, and a homemade tattoo of the female symbol on her right hand.

I had started to chat her up and get to know her a bit, but now she's gone.  Instead I am greeted by a sleepy eyed old ajosshi.  He's nice enough, but not nearly as interesting as goth girl.

I suppose I can understand: who wants to work the night shift for 3 chonners an hour?  Not this waeg.

Time for coffee.

1 comment:

Userman said...

Hey man,

I dig the blog. Think you could give the Idiots of Korea 2.0 board a little promotion? We're looking for some new recruits.

http://idiotsofkorea.proboards.com/index.cgi

Cheers

Post a Comment