Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Get Off Your Ass!

Since the big move, I've been going through all my old clothes.  I've found some nice gems I had forgotten and some real stinkers I'm amazed I ever wore.

I had looked over all my suits to figure if I needed a new one for the upcoming business trip.  Luckily there is still a nice Henry Cotton 2 piece, a smart Beanpole blazer, and a cool Brooks Brothers blazer / slacks combo still in decent shape.  

There all a few years old, but I'm too poor to buy anything that snazzy now.  I will need to buy some more regular office clothes soon however.

I tried them all to see how awesome I looked.  I quickly realized that since I bought them I've put on a little round the middle.

This is why tonight I found myself sweating it out at the gym.  I did some cycling, almost died while jogging, and tooled around with the weight machine.  I'm mostly about getting the cardio up and burning off some of that extra.

June said why not just go biking round town and not spend money on a membership.  Seeing as I was nearly run over by taxis twice in a week doing that a few years back, guess I'm a little cold to the idea now.

I'm feeling the burn right now.  Floppy.

I've also decided to lay off the beer for awhile to keep the calories down.  That's probably where the extra came from in the first place.  I figure if I can get in there for 90 minutes three times a week combined with a daily lunch walk, I should be cutting a very nice figure in a couple of months.

But. . .no beer.  Damn.  DAMN.  But I will look awesome wearing that finery.

No comments:

Post a Comment