Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Date Night!

Tonight June asked me out on a date.

I was excited, despite all the idiocy that surfaced last weekend.

We went to a rice wine house and ate some squid pancake while drinking a bowl of rice wine.

We started off really lame, talking at one another about inane work shit.  June now wants to go back to school.  I was an ass: you know I've got your back, but you've got to see the business plan flourish and return on the investment before you let start the next chapter.

As the dong dong ju started to flow, we actually began to communicate and have some fun.

But then it was time to go home.

Typical married dross: how to keep the spark alive when adult parent bullshit keeps getting in the way.

We got home to find that the girls had been watching TV with their halmoni.  The eldest hadn't done her homework and the youngest was spooning honey straight from the jar.  They quickly sorted themselves out once we walked in the door.

The youngest insisted I give her a rundown on Star Wars.  She had found a book written by C3PO that had come in the last batch of Longman books I bought.  I get em by the box every year or two from a distributor up country.

After talking about the force and living as an example of good, and how sometimes even the evil can bring about good since that is the essence of balance, I considered what to do with the stickers in the book.  There is an awesome one of R2D2.  I'm thinking of sticking it on the bumper of the famvan.

No comments:

Post a Comment