Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Buy My Internet!

Within the last couple of days I've received spam messages from three different companies asking me to switch over to their service.

When we moved, we were able to receive 60 manners in cash by switching over both our home and June's business. 

Now it seems the market is experiencing its own internet wars, with various companies pushing harder to lock in as many subscribers as possible.

Seeing as most apartments are already wired for sound, I imagine the set up costs must be minimal.  But I still question a business model that pays out 30 manners cash to every new subscriber.  The best thing I can come up with is they must get a better deal on bandwidth the more subscribers they get, or the more they use.

Now if only folks could set up the Kinternet so that my firefox would work on every website. 

2 comments:

David tz said...

If you're using Firefox, download the "IE Tab" plugin or the "Korean Internet" package. It's a bunch of add-ons that allow you to use Firefox on the Korean internet. IE Tab allows you to change the tab window into a IE engine so you don't have to actually switch browsers.

F5Waeg said...

Thanks. Do you know any fix for Safari? I've been using the IE tab for awhile, it does sort out a lot of the issues.

Post a Comment