Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Way Home!

Last night I made my way downtown Uijeongbu.  I remember hitting about 6 bars.  I was at Tom's vill and played blackjack, hit a place that I think was called Mia and won a game of darts, then found myself watching a couple of GI's trying to impress some gutter trash girls in a low rent bar.   Don't do it!  You're a young man!

I was supposed to write a 'The Morning After!' post when I got up.

Instead I found myself hurrying over to the father-in-law's place.

Everyone left the sister-in-law's place and let me sleep.  That was nice.  I didn't get in until after four.

I had some rice cake soup, some fish and a variety of kimchi when I got there.

Then I played with the kids a while before heading back to the Wonj.

The rest of the fam is staying until Sunday.  I've got some stuff that needs to be taken care of.

It took me 5 hours to cover a 2 hour drive.  That's not too bad.  The secret is to avoid most of the expressways and stick to the side roads.  I was slowed down this way however by all the anti disease spray stations they had set up.

At one point I was so hungry that I stopped at a Lotteria.  Big mistake.  I rarely eat fast food, and I was reminded why.  I ordered the tender crunch chicken sand.  It was one of the most disgusting things I've ever put into my body.  I ate half and threw the rest out the window.

Tomorrow I'm going to broil a nice piece of salmon that's I've been saving.  The fam isn't too keen on cooked salmon; I'll marinate it in sake and lemon for a couple of hours, then put some dill on it when cooking.  Nom.

I'm going to have some coffee and watch Enter the Void.

No comments:

Post a Comment