Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Me and my Big Mouth

Sometimes people say all kinds of crap without thinking about it too much.

This blog is a case in point.  I just speak my mind, when I should just sit quietly.

This morning I was an asshole and an idiot to boot on the worst day to be so: Valentine's Day.  I needed to take June's car to drive to work seeing as mine is in the shop until late tomorrow. 

But I couldn't find the key.  June had been pissed at me for asking if I could take the car, seeing as she'll need to take a taxi to go pick up the youngest at kindergarten.  But sleeping in my office is not really something I feel like doing when it's this cold outside.

We searched everywhere for the key.  Then she just stood in the kitchen and didn't say anything.  Are you sure its ok if I take the car?  It does seem convenient that the key is missing.  I could call a coworker for a ride and sleep in my office tonight if it really matters that much.

She glared at me.  It turned out the youngest had been playing with it and left it in the bathroom.

Now, stupidity is a universal constant, and I'm hoping she won't hold a grudge against me and that her panties aren't in a knot about it.  From experience, these types of conversation never end well.  You can't win and its best to just smile.  When will I ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment