Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Marshmallow Disaster!

what it should look like
On my last run through at Costco I picked up a bag of marshmallows.

I was kind of surprised to see them.  I didn't think about the fact that it was a 1000 grams of sheer madness.

As soon as the girls unpacked them they screeched about anticipated sugar induced fits.

They've been on me constantly since to open the bag.

Tonight I made marshmallow brownies.  It was a disaster.  Kinda.  Despite cooking it 10 minutes longer than needed, the middle is still a morass of animal rendered gelatin and chocolatey goo.

It tastes alright, just does not look like the picture.

Maybe I should let it set an hour more or so, but its been a constant stream of: can we eat it now?  When can we eat it?  How about now??

If you mix the cakey outside with the gooey inside it actually isn't bad.


Maybe next time I'll get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment