Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Home!

The seminar was pretty interesting, but it was mostly stuff I'd heard before. 

As usual with these kinds of things, valuable question time was wasted by folks bringing up completely unrelated stuff.

The best was listening to some guy go on about how he isn't appreciated in his department?  He went on and on.  I could understand why he may have felt that way. 

As soon as it was done I headed back to the Wonj.  I'm pretty beat but there is still a ton of stuff that needs to be done around the house.  I walked in and the Mother-in-Law started giving me a hard time about how we had to go out and eat since the gas hasn't been hooked up yet.

When I talked to June at 6ish she said they were going out to eat and to take care of myself, so I had grabbed a sandwich and double espresso at Starbucks.  Then I walked in and got an earful about how they had been waiting for me.  They went out after I politely said I was fine.

Moving this weekend was a serious mistake.  Next time someone asks us to move out in a week I'll definitely say no.  We had originally planned to hit Seoul together this weekend as it's June's birthday this week.  We'd go see art, have a nice lunch, enjoy a leisurely walk before I went to the seminar.

It's been a massive headache trying to get everything clear in a week.

The apartment owner's father tried to call me today.  I just knew he'd call again.  I ignored it and got a message instead.  Apparently he wants money since he didn't realize how much stuff we didn't take care of.  After he tried to lie and suck 200 manners out of us and insinuated we weren't quality people, I think he's going to have a hard time getting anything but silence.

I'm going to stop thinking about it.  Walking around with a cloud over my head isn't going to help anything.  

No comments:

Post a Comment