Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Home!

June and the girls are out at the youngest's kindergarten.  They have cleaning to do.

The Mother-in-Law still hasn't come back from her trip down south.  That's ok.  I hope she has a good time.

I came home to an empty house.  It was cold since a few windows had been left open to air the place out.  I closed it up and turned the heat on for when the women get in.

I plan on turning in early.  I'm going to settle in bed and read Son of Man by Yi Munyol for the 2nd time.  I read it last year and knew I'd have to give it another go. 

I started reading Chang-Rae Lee's Aloft but found it uninspiring. 

I picked up 4 new books when I was last in Seoul: Shit my Dad Says, The Girl who Played with Fire, The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, and Dress your Family in Corduroy and Denim.   They're all done, and I was entertained and amused by them all.

I'll have to spend some time poking around the Amazon, What the Book, and Kyobo Bookstore websites.  I prefer to buy in person, but I won't be making it up to the big smoke for a while.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh I read Son of Man last year.
I'm a fan of Yi Munyol.

There was an English translation?
didn't know that.

Recommend 'the Poet'. if there is a translated version.

F5Waeg said...

This guy has done a lot of translations of Korean literature, and many of them are available on line:

http://hompi.sogang.ac.kr/anthony/

Anonymous said...

wow not a Korean but English guy has done translation of Korean literature

interesting

Thx for the link

F5Waeg said...

You're welcome. Tell them F5Waeg sent you.

Post a Comment