Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Flat!

While having lunch, a nice guy came in to find out who owned the famvan.  

I had a flat tire.  I didn't have the number for the service guy on me, so called June for it.  

She was in the middle of a bunch of stuff and ripped my head off.  When my friends looked at me in surprise, I simply said she was an AB blood type monkey.  

Mr. Kim laughed his head off.  He was the only one who got it.  Now he thinks I'm even more awesome.

The service guy eventually showed up and put the spare on, but I missed out on some quality time with my friends.  I also needed to take the famvan to the shop to get an alignment and two new tires.  I am without wheels until Tuesday.  June got mad some more when I mentioned I would really need to borrow her car since I have to stay late on Monday.

That damn van is costing me dearly.  I'd love to get something new, but everything is tied up in June's business.

She better buy me a nice car when she's rich.

5 comments:

ALECHO said...

Ah, good old episode of flat tire... always happen at the most unexpected time. Happened to be couple days ago, and to make things worse the snow was heavy and took repair dude forever to come. But glad to hear everything went well, and hopefully your wife buys you a nice car in the near future ;)

Anonymous said...

AB blood type monkey. I'm assuming the Monkey from the Chinese Zodiac. What's the deal with the combination? ABs are usually chracterized as a bit odd but also genius.

F5Waeg said...

yup, the monkey from the zodiac. AB blood type is also known as a bit impatient, critical and passionate. The monkey is also quick to show emotion and at times unreasonable.

But I love her the way she is despite how annoying and infuriating living with her can be at times.

Anonymous said...

So why is it you couldn't change the flat yourself? Just wondering.

F5Waeg said...

I'd be more than happy to change the tire myself, if only the jack in my vehicle was actually capable of lifting the van. I tried once and ended up breaking the flimsy iron bar that is supposed to be used to crank. I tried using a thick screwdriver I had in the van at the time, but no dice. The jack is simply not designed to be used for its intended purpose. More likely it's only there to say 'yeah there is a jack in the van' to pass safety standards.

I suppose I should go out and buy one. . . but it isn't exactly on my list of priorities, seeing as my insurance will come to wherever I am and do it for free.

Post a Comment