Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Drama!

Today at lunch we talked about drama.  The general consensus was that there is very little of the serious stuff in our lives.

This isn't really a bad thing, but it would seem not everyone agrees.  Some would prefer to have an injection of insanity to shake up their nicely ordered world.


I can appreciate the sentiment, having had good doses of drama at various times in my life.

But I'm good the way things are right now.  Mostly.  Maybe when the girls are older and able to completely fend for themselves I might feel the same way as some of my coworkers.  These days instead of living it hardcore as I did in the past, I live vicariously through reading some of the websites in my sidebar.  Thanks Jake!  Fight the good fight, live the good life!  I'll be back there beside you in 15-20!  I'll start sharing some of my crazier stories when I know the girls will not stumble accidentally on this blog when they're only in their early teens!

This was essentially the way it broke down as well: the older married folks, or those without children, were all about wanting drama.  Those in a similar position as me echoed the same sentiment of wanting more stability.

Honestly, drama often takes on other forms when you're married with kids: hospital visits for stitches, trying to remove permanent marker from expensive fake stone shit, making sure all the milk gets cleaned up when a whole jug of it gets spilled on the floor, dealing with idiotic classmates and their parents, trying to come up with ever more creative activities and responses to distract and teach. 

I don't need anymore drama, when all the small things add up to cause plenty of excitement.  Sure, it isn't the raw visceral kind, but it's enough to keep me on my toes and not slip into a coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment