Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Blessing -vs- Gosa!

I say we do both!
This afternoon June had the minister and some of the other top players over at her new business.

They were giving it a blessing.  June was surprised when the minister kept mentioning me by name.

Guess I'm kinda famous.

Part of his blessing was that I see the light and come into the church, and that I see right to bring my girls into the best direction for the future.

I'm sure he also blessed the business.

I'm cool with all that.

Still, I asked her if she wanted to get a pig's head and have a gosa, a ritual intended to bring good fortune and chase off all the bad ghosts from the place.

She didn't reply.

I said hey we could also ask over a bunch of people and if we're lucky they'll put enough money in the pig's head to pay for the mudang.

She started talking about how I needed to pick up the youngest after work.

I've been to a couple of gosa, as well as a couple of gut.  Interesting ceremonies.  Very lively.

No comments:

Post a Comment