Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Monday, February 28, 2011

Black Ice!

This morning's drive was somewhat treacherous.  Different parts of the road were covered with black ice.

Luckily I know where the bad bits are.  I got to work safe and sound.

There's a metaphor in there somewhere I'm sure, but it's still early on a Monday to sort it out proper.

I got to work a bit later than usual, which worked out great seeing as Mr. Kim was out spreading calcium on the road.  I made it into the office without incident.

When I got into my office,  I read a comment in my "why marry Korean" post that insinuates I am an evil person for whacking my kid with a wooden spoon once on the butt and marrying my wife when she got pregnant.  They state my wife and kids would be better off without me around.

Wow.

I'm thinking that person must have a pretty good life if that is their definition of evil. 

I decided to leave it up since they say I am masochistically self-indulgent.  I can only raise an eyebrow at how they choose to live their life, obviously free of responsibility, lacking historical perspective, and not having need to understand what sacrifice for family and country may entail.

Here I thought that the post clearly meant "Why did I marry a Korean", as opposed to why marry a Korean at all.  Is it that difficult to understand?

Time for coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment