Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Apartment Woes Continued!

Greasy Bastard
The irony of posting about a discussion on drama yesterday, followed by the problems we've been having with the landlord, hasn't been lost on me.

Today was full of ups and downs.  Not only was I crazy busy at work, but updates kept coming every two hours or so from the trenches.  They seemed to come just as I was getting ready to post an update on what is now a saga.

First, the mother of the landlord called and apologized for being so rude.  If we paid 60 manners it would be all sorted.  This was a nice phone call and I was completely ok with that.  Even though it was a bit overpriced, I wouldn't have to deal with it anymore, and the lady was nice.

Then the father called and said that he had a quote that stated it would still cost 200 manners to get it fixed.  He was a dick about it, and alluded that quality people would be moving in, some professor guy, who needed it just so.  I hung up on him before I began to show just what quality person I could be when spoken to that way.

Then the maintenance guy in my apartment called and said that the landlord was indeed trying to pull a fast one on us.  He recommended just painting over it and walking away.  He said some asshole owners try to pull this shit all the time, with some demanding up to 500 manners to get it replaced, due to the material being 'wonderous air cleaning specialness'TM.  Fact is, the quote I originally got would deal with it just fine, but since they're demanding something be done immediately, just paint it and be done was his advice.  It wouldn't affect the magical air cleaning properties of the cement board.

Of course, this weekend is the seminar, which I've already put my name down to attend.  Looks like I'll be working late.  I am glad it can be painted though.

Update: I don't know what's going on with that family.  The mother sent a clandestine message through the real estate agent that we just paint it.  Guess I know what I'm doing tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment