Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Unadulterated!

While working on my first post graduate degree, in the final semester I found myself forced  to take a job as a server.

My TA money could cover my tuition and books.  I still needed to come up with living expenses, so I went with what I was good at.

Those were hellish times, trying to carry a full course load, teach a couple of classes, while working splits in an English Pub.

I moved in with a married couple.  The wife knew I was looking for a decent place closer to the school, and offered me their spare room.

Within three days of moving in, she confronted her husband in the kitchen over breakfast while I was reading a rather weighty tome:

We aren't happy together anymore.  I don't love you.  It's time for us to part.

Within three minutes, her boyfriend of two years and his bud had cleared the place of all her shit.

Husband looked like a beached guppy.  I decided that hanging out at the library for a good twelve hours would be a fantastic idea.

He and I didn't talk too much over the next 4-5 days.  It was pretty easy to figure out: she had played me, using me as a bulwark against some of the more nasty shit that could ensue.

She asked me out for coffee to 'apologize'.  She couldn't even bring herself to pay the bill.  Guess I didn't figure too high in her book.

Working full time, I often found myself burning the midnight oil.  I'd get in around 11, read and write until I couldn't keep my eyes open.

Husband guy started bringing whores home.  He heard no sound from my room, usually because I was playing it quiet or because he wanted it to get back to her.

After three or four girls had come over, I decided to fuck with him: I walked out after the driver had left and he was bullshitting the girl.

Later I would realize this was very uncool for her.  I just wanted to mess with him.

Imagine my surprise when I see the top student from one of the classes I was teaching sitting there all slutted up.

I can't make this up.

I mumbled a sorry and retreated back to my room.

They smoothed it out and she earned her wage.

But she knew who I was.

What came next will take at least another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment