Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Table Tennis!

Twice a week a group from the company gets together and plays table tennis in one of the lounges.

I'm the only waeg who shows up regularly.  I don't go every time since projects or meetings often conflict, but I usually play once a week.

A lot of the other guys want to play me.  I'm a pretty decent player and the only one who plays 'shake hands' style, meaning I use a racket like the one on the left.

Today I was in good form.  I beat one of the better players for the first time.

I did get a little over excited about winning, and dude wasn't impressed.  He'll be out for revenge now.  It was a very fast paced game: I finally broke his serve and found a back hand slice that he had a hard time with.

I like to play and have been playing since middle school.  It's fairly good exercise and it gives me a chance to hang out with some coworkers from other departments that I never see otherwise.  Like most office jobs, making friends and being approachable is important for things to go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment