Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years

Living in Wonju South Korea, These Many Long Years: Version 2.0!

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rice Wine!

I like the swirly thing.  It's rather suggestive.
This morning I was woken up by June complaining of how I smelt like liquor.

I didn't say anything and tried to bury my head into the pillow.

You did buy me 4 bottles of rice wine.  I got through two of them and a big bottle of beer.

Drinking rice wine almost invariably results in a nasty headache the next day.

Still, it is pretty tasty stuff.

I reread my posts from last night. 

That is another side effect of rice wine: you get all melancholy.

Still, it is pretty tasty stuff.

So far this year I've gotten drunk twice.  I thought enough of that for a while.  I've got stuff to do, people to see.  Then two friends called me this morning.  They want to meet to celebrate the New Year.

I'll go out with one on Wednesday.  Maybe go to that tasty snail place.  The beer is cheap and eating stewed kimchi with tofu and spicy snails with noodles is always nice. 

I'll meet the other on Friday.  Looks like we'll have fried pork and soju.

No comments:

Post a Comment